Description:The 3-D Modeler serves as a member the Terrain Services Team for the identification, acquisition, development, and management of Geospatial Intelligence Data to support virtual and constructive simulation databases that are used in exercises.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Publish exercise-ready data for 3-D virtual terrain databases.
- Identify production process optimization; testing visual attributes to ensure models are rendered correctly as part of the virtual terrain database.
- Produce geo-specific, geo-typical, and dynamic 3D models.
- Create and modify 3D real-time visual and common environment models.
- Create and apply texture, color, light and shading to visual models.
- Modify visual attributes and document model design specifications.
- Develop metadata and versioning of geospatial data.
- Update and maintain 3D model and texture library.
- Coordinate and liaison with source data providers and exercises planners customers.
- Conduct field data collection activities.
Education / Training:
Technical certificate gaming design or architecture. May consider years of experience in lieu of a technical certificate.
- Two (2) years in 3D modeling, gaming, design or architecture.
- Experience with one or more 3D model generation software tools such as MultiGen Creator, 3D Studio Max.
- Knowledge of one or more 3D model rendering software tools such as Maya, Lightwave or Softimage.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following software packages; AutoDesk Suite, Adobe Photoshop, AfterEffects, CorelDraw, Flash, and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of multiple simulation disciplines (e.g. visual systems, databases, etc.) desirable.
- Familiarity with Presagis TerraVista database development tools is helpful.
- Understanding of visual database concepts, remotely sensed imagery, 3D Models, terrain modeling, and synthetic environments a plus.
Infrequent periods of travel within and outside the United States.
Loyola provides a comprehensive benefits package to attract and maintain the most talented individuals available. We continuously work with our benefit providers to maintain the best coverage’s available in a very challenging environment as Federal policy and regulations change how business provides benefits.
Loyola provides Health, Dental, Life and Disability insurance along with a Flexible Savings Account that gives employees the ability to manage their costs and while getting tax savings. Loyola also provides additional benefits including a 401(K) plan, Tuition Assistance, a Virginia CollegeAmerica Savings Plan, Pre-paid Legal Services, new Employee and Business Referral Programs. We offer flexible working environments and Personal Leave Time with Company Paid Holidays. EOE
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please fax or e-mail resumes to 757-498-6110 or