Description:The Geographic Simulations Technician serves as a member the Terrain Services Team for the identification, acquisition, development, and management of Geospatial Intelligence Data to support virtual and constructive simulation databases that are used in JFCOM exercises.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and/or prepare exercise-ready geographic data for 2D & 3D virtual terrain databases.
- Produce detailed 2D & 3D simulation databases using GIS source data.
- Develop metadata and versioning of geospatial data.
- Work with geo-specific, geo-typical, and dynamic 3D models.
- Work with 3D modeling staff to accurately place and troubleshoot models.
- Modify visual attributes and document model design specifications.
- Coordinate and liaison with source data providers and exercise planners customers.
- Conduct field data collection activities.
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
Education / Training:
BA/BS in Geography, GIS, Cartography OR technical certification in similar discipline. May consider years of experience in military or private industry in lieu of degree or technical certificate.
- Two (2) years work or equivalent classroom experience in Geographic Information Systems or remote sensing required.
- Knowledge of one or more commercial GIS software packages, including ArcGIS 9.x, ERDAS Imagine, or Global Mapper is required. Experience with simulation development using GIS data is a plus.
- Familiarity with First Person Shooter computer & console games, as a player or world builder, is desirable.
- Experience with one or more 3D model generation software tools or formats such as MultiGen Creator or 3D Studio Max is desirable.
- Familiarity with Presagis Terra Vista terrain database development tools is helpful.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems, computer hardware, and current office production software is helpful.
Loyola provides a comprehensive benefits package to attract and maintain the most talented individuals available. We continuously work with our benefit providers to maintain the best coverage’s available in a very challenging environment as Federal policy and regulations change how business provides benefits.
Loyola provides Health, Dental, Life and Disability insurance along with a Flexible Savings Account that gives employees the ability to manage their costs and while getting tax savings. Loyola also provides additional benefits including a 401(K) plan, Tuition Assistance, a Virginia CollegeAmerica Savings Plan, Pre-paid Legal Services, new Employee and Business Referral Programs. We offer flexible working environments and Personal Leave Time with Company Paid Holidays. EOE
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please fax or e-mail resumes to 757-498-6110 or