Description:Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Participates in the testing process through test, review, analysis, and the certification of software. Works as a member of a diverse team of highly trained and motivated engineers developing advanced training technology software products and various geospatial applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and code web applications in .NET, Java and other high-level languages.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Develop or collaborate in the development of database schemas, process charts, functional block diagrams, and prepare test data to facilitate software design and implementation.
- Responsible for the proper use of design, programming/implementation techniques, and interfacing with customer technical experts and members of Loyola’s development team.
- Develop documentation from software requirements and system specifications.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Provide on-the-job training to department staff members, as needed.
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
Education / Training:
BS in Computer Science or other related disciplines or the equivalent of specialized experience and appropriate education.
Three to five years of programming experience.
Java, JSP, Apache/Tomcat Web Servers, and IIS. Experience with the use of an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) (e.g., Eclipse, NetBeans or Visual Studio.NET). Experience with web services and service oriented architectures (SOA).
The successful candidate will be required to work in a research and development atmosphere, demonstrate strong business judgment, initiative, and organizational skills, work effectively with team members under minimal supervision, and be a team player capable of coordinating development efforts with members of cross-functional teams. Ability to communicate professionally at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
Ability to obtain a DOD security clearance required.
Required to sit for long periods of time. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, occasionally bend and move about the facility. Infrequent light physical effort required. Primary environment consists of ambient room temperatures and lighting as found in a typical office environment. May require long periods of standing throughout the day. Frequent lifting of equipment between 15-25 lbs. required.
Loyola provides a comprehensive benefits package to attract and maintain the most talented individuals available. We continuously work with our benefit providers to maintain the best coverage’s available in a very challenging environment as Federal policy and regulations change how business provides benefits.
Loyola provides Health, Dental, Life and Disability insurance along with a Flexible Savings Account that gives employees the ability to manage their costs and while getting tax savings. Loyola also provides additional benefits including a 401(K) plan, Tuition Assistance, a Virginia CollegeAmerica Savings Plan, Pre-paid Legal Services, new Employee and Business Referral Programs. We offer flexible working environments and Personal Leave Time with Company Paid Holidays. EOE
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please fax or e-mail resumes to 757-498-6110 or