Description:Gather and analyze requirements to support database design. Install configure and update database software. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Participates in the testing process through test, review, analysis, and the certification of software. Works as a member of several project development teams consisting of a diverse team of highly trained and motivated engineers developing various geospatial applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine to complex database administrative tasks (tuning, etc) using Oracle 11g in a Linux environment.
- Perform software installs, maintenance and new systems analysis of current Oracle and program-specific data base systems and data control. This includes software upgrades, applying software patches, and compliance with DISA database STIGS.
- Maintain security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving user and database problems, root cause analysis, preventive maintenance.
- Trouble shooting database operations on Oracle 11g.
- Recommending appropriate actions to improve performance processes.
- Assist in the application development, debugging, configuration, and optimization from a database perspective.
- Develop and maintain backup plan; perform database backups on production, development and testing systems.
- Develop documentation from software requirements and system specifications.
- Analyze performance of systems and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
BS in Computer Science or other related disciplines or the equivalent of specialized experience and appropriate education.
Three to six years of DBA experience.
Oracle 11g, PL/SQL development, strong analytical skills, relational database design, Linux
Oracle Spatial, experience writing ETL processes, XML, ESRI ArcIMS, Java
Loyola provides a comprehensive benefits package to attract and maintain the most talented individuals available. We continuously work with our benefit providers to maintain the best coverage’s available in a very challenging environment as Federal policy and regulations change how business provides benefits.
Loyola provides Health, Dental, Life and Disability insurance along with a Flexible Savings Account that gives employees the ability to manage their costs and while getting tax savings. Loyola also provides additional benefits including a 401(K) plan, Tuition Assistance, a Virginia CollegeAmerica Savings Plan, Pre-paid Legal Services, new Employee and Business Referral Programs. We offer flexible working environments and Personal Leave Time with Company Paid Holidays. EOE
Please fax or e-mail resumes to 757-498-6110 or
This position is open until filled.