IT Systems Administration
Loyola’s support for both current and legacy systems is provided the following categories: Systems Administration, Systems Analysis and Information Assurance which are detailed as follows:
- Install, implement, maintain, configure, optimize, integrate, and test all software, operating systems, and hardware, telecommunications and networking components in support of the hosted applications.
- Provide assistance to the Information Strike Force, Navy Marine Corps Internet for installation, testing and control of necessary client based software and hosted applications.
- Perform backups and recoveries for both system and application software, server hardware, and databases and perform recovery from system malfunction, security intrusion or power outages.
- Create and load database tables for both system and application software and server hardware.
- Troubleshoot all network/application software/hardware problems and coordinate fixes or modifications with the appropriate source.
- Coordinate, execute, implement, and maintain the installation and operations of all customer application systems.
- Interact/interface with other IT Specialists, hardware and software vendors, telecommunication providers, managers, and customers in the performance of assigned duties.
- Apply operating system and firewall updates and configuration changes and resolve any hardware/software interface and interoperability problems.
- Provide cost estimates for new or modified systems.
- Identify and specify business requirements for new or enhanced systems.
- Provide and publish Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or user manuals.
- Consult with customers, users or other technicians to identify and specify requirements.
- Plan and execute implementations/rehost of both system and application hardware and software.
- Provide informal training or recommendations for the purpose of increasing broader and more proficient skills in the organic resources on subjects to include: LAN, NIPRNET, firewall services, NMCI, application software, operating systems, supporting hardware such as workstations and printers.
- Help Desk support to provide assistance to customers and troubleshoot the most complex problems in a manner that minimizes interruptions in customers’ ability to carry out critical business activities.
- Update and maintain a comprehensive database of identified problems, time reported, time corrective action initiated, action taken, and date/time of technical problems and corresponding resolutions. Our IT Technical Specialists Lead rapid response teams in response to customer service problems resulting from catastrophic events such as virus infections or wide spread power outages.
- Implement and support information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices as part of the IT environment.
- Implement and ensure compliance with all required IT security programs, apply security patches or other security measures to the software applications, servers, and other designated hardware to include printers and workstations.
- Conduct appropriate test, execute platform appropriate Security Readiness and Review (SRR) scripts to ensure systems are compliant with the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs), as well as providing other required input for the System Security Authorization and Accreditation (SSAA) documentation.
- Add/modify application users and update passwords.
- Identify potential performance or capacity problems and provide a plan to avert problems.
- Review proposed applications for compatibility and interoperability.