Take technical direction from the Senior System Administrator for work assignments and overall requirements. The candidate must be able to work independently and with other administrators to build operating systems (OS) and application servers and workstations to support Joint Warfighting Center (JWFC) modeling and simulation (M&S) systems. Candidate must be capable of installing patches and upgrades to OS for Linux and Windows platforms. Candidate should have a thorough understanding of installing and managing Microsoft Exchange 2003, Microsoft SharePoint 2007, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and be familiar with VMware. The candidate will be required to perform system security lockdowns as necessary, to include troubleshooting and isolation of problems that are created during installation. Assist in isolation and troubleshooting of operating systems, installing applications, and providing solutions to operational problems. Builds, operates and manages mail, web and data file servers used during training exercises and events at JWFC. Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
BS degree in Computer Science or other related discipline plus three (3) years of systems administration experience or five (5) to seven (7) years experience in lieu of degree.
Must have ONE of the following Information Assurance certifications:
- CompTIA Security+
- GIAC Security Essentials Course (GSEC)
- Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- GIAC Senior Leadership Course (GSLC)
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
- Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Must have ONE of the following Operating System certifications:
- CompTIA Server+
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Server Administrator
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Enterprise Administrator
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Windows Server 2008 R2, Virtualization Administrator
Minimum of three (3) years systems administration experience.
- Experience with MS Windows Active Directory and familiarity with one of the following operating systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris or HP-UX.
- Must have 3 years experience with NIS, DNS, network file systems, web, portal and mail servers.
- Experience with the creation and maintenance of user accounts to include the limitation of capability and access.
- Experience with network security to include firewalls and virus protection software.
- Must have experience with the resolution of problems related to hardware and software, both application and operating systems.
- Experience with the installation and management of Oracle (Version 10, 11).
- Knowledge of modeling and simulations systems used by US military.
- Experience with networks to include 10/100/1000 ethernet, IP addressing schemes, and VLANs.
- Experience with DISA Gold Disk and STIGS.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required to sit for long periods of time. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, occasionally bend and move about the facility. Infrequent light physical effort required. Primary environment consists of ambient room temperatures and lighting as found in a typical office environment. May require long periods of standing throughout the day. Frequent lifting of equipment between 15-25 lbs. required.
Loyola provides a comprehensive benefits package to attract and maintain the most talented individuals available. We continuously work with our benefit providers to maintain the best coverage’s available in a very challenging environment as Federal policy and regulations change how business provides benefits.
Loyola provides Health, Dental, Life and Disability insurance along with a Flexible Savings Account that gives employees the ability to manage their costs and while getting tax savings. Loyola also provides additional benefits including a 401(K) plan, Tuition Assistance, a Virginia CollegeAmerica Savings Plan, Pre-paid Legal Services, new Employee and Business Referral Programs. We offer flexible working environments and Personal Leave Time with Company Paid Holidays. EOE
Please fax or e-mail resumes to 757-498-6110 or